Are you a Shakopee, MN resident suffering from migraines or debilitating headaches? They are one of the worst types of headache you can experience and part of why we study neurology. Migraines are a neurological phenomenon, characterized with having throbbing, pulsating pains on one, or both sides of the head. Many patients describe the pain as “jumping around” and can be so debilitating that it prevents you from wanting to move.
Headaches & Migraines in Shakopee, MN
Many patient’s who’ve come to our chiropractic clinic complain of having sensitivities to light, sound, movement, smells, and other senses that become overwhelming before and during a migraine. You may experience an “aura” or warning sign that one is coming on and it can last anywhere from 2 to 72 hours at a time. Chiropractic treatment and our specialty can do a world of good in not only helping reduce migraine frequency, but helps intensity as well! Please don’t continue going day in and day out with headaches, as our practice shines at helping them. And our doctors have a personal, vested interest in helping those affected.
Migraine Risk Factors
- Sex (women 2-3 times more common than in men)
- Age (migraines have been shown to decrease after menopause)
- Genetic susceptibility
- Oxygen reducing conditions or disease
- Blood flow conditions can exacerbate the condition
- Food sensitivities and other environmental triggers may play a role
- Chronic Stress
Signs & Symptoms
- Aura (signs of light sensitivity, sound, or smell sensitivities before headaches)
- Unilateral pain or Bilateral pain that switches sidedness
- Autonomic symptoms (nausea, vomiting, double vision, other gastro pains)
- Diffuse sweating, frequent urination, pallor
- Possible neck pain
Our Approach to Migraines
Every migraine has different causes, triggers, and sensitivities from person to person. It is important to work with someone who knows how to investigate all 3 of these components. At our Chiropractic clinic we do an extensive look into physical, chemical, and emotional factors that impact the headache, and develop effective means of resolution.
There are many different “therapies” out there. Of utmost importance is having a thorough diagnosis. Migraines are complex. At Sylvester Family Chiropractic we take the time to understand the issue at hand and take pride in our patient’s (patients’) success.